Super Hero RPG: Chronicles of Los Diamantes

Where good and bad RPGs and E-wars go to die.

Re: Super Hero RPG: Chronicles of Los Diamantes

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:37 pm

When Lydia pulled into her driveway, she took a moment to just lean back against the seat and look up at the roof of her car. The screams of the agonized didn't bother her nearly as much as the lack of progress did. What were they missing? There was some crucial element to the puzzle they weren't seeing, even with their brilliant minds working together. Some key that would make everything go so much smoother. She was sure of it. But what could it be? With a sigh she opened her car door, shut it, and hit the lock button. With a beep all four car doors locked and she started up the driveway towards her front door, behind which a hot cup of coffee was begging to be made and her couch was calling to her.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:52 pm

Behind Lydia's front door lay a letter in a plain white envelope, Lydia's name written on it in print. as Lydia walked towards the door to her house, a black Lincoln Towncar cruised down the street, leaving the scene, the job of the occupant complete...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby raptor titanus3 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:36 am

Kingman was in his office looking over estimates he'd run through his adding machine, a chilche maybe but he felt more comfortable punching the numbers in than running them through his computer, with new logging companys encrouching further into the privacy of computer operaters he diddn't trust keeping them on his computer he mainly used that for more "legal" operations. He also took a sip from his bloody mary and kept looking over the numbers, it seemed that he was lacking about 10K he needed to pay back a family back over the seas for a weapon shipment. But how was he supposed to get that in so short an amount of time. "Sometimes I feel like you force us to live like worms or suffer until we pass," Kingman mumbled while staring at the ceiling. He then sent the word down the line that someone had better come up with a lot of money really fast.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Lynch sighed with boredom. It was not nearly close enough for his crew to move out and make their attack, but he had already told them his plans for this worthless city...... a voice broke his train of thought.

"You got enough ammo for this thing?" a thug, garbed in regular clothing, asked another thug. You see, only the high ranking members get any equipment past their own clothing; just the way Jackson liked it.

"Yeah, I'm cool. You?"

"I've got enough to blow some brains out."

Jackson ignored them and thumbed through some papers. He needed to find out what time the Central Los Diamantes Bank closed.... breaking in would be a priority that his men couldn't afford the miss out on. He knew they thirsted for blood, but Lynch was not willing to risk losing his thugs over something that should be relatively simple....

Aya continued on her way, passing by the bank as she did so. To think, Jackson wants to get his grubby fingers on this beautiful part of the city, Aya thought to herself. Seems he's getting greedy again.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:58 am

As Lynch was looking through his papers, a ring sounded from his cellular phone, the number on it marked simply as Unknown Number, no digits shown...

"And here he comes" said a thin, pale man as he eyed Atlas walking through the door of the classy restaurant and bar that had been chosen as a meeting place. red carpets covered every inch of the floor from the entrance all the way to the doorways to the kitchen, beyond which white walls and floors were the host of constant work, cooking for the many patrons that attended the 5 star establishment. dark wood lined the walls and black and white pictures and portraits told a story of a time when Los Diamantes was much smaller and less known. candles flickered on the tables of patrons and dim yellow lightning gave a cosy atmosphere, while in one side of the large room a stage was occupied by a smooth Jazz band, soothing music being played to the voice of a dark skinned woman. At a glance, Atlas guessed she was in her mid 50s. she'd been doing this for a while. But her talent was undeniable. a crystal clear voice sang Nina Simone's Feeling Good as saxophones, drums, a grand piano and other instruments formed a tune that was soft on the soul and easy on the ear. as Atlas reached the table, he nodded to the pale skinned man, whose large glasses seemed easily half an inch thick, set halfway down his crooked nose. on his right was a slightly overweight man, a jolly smile on his face as he welcomed Atlas. "Gentlemen?" said Atlas with a smile. "The man of the hour. How're you doing, Atlas? Well I hope? Please, sit down, sit down" said the overweight man, thick head of short, wavy black hair doing a fair amount to hide how overweight he actually was. Atlas nodded thankfully as he sat down behind the corner table across from the two men. As he sat down, a waiter approached, notepad in hand as he stood at the Englishman's side. "How may I help you sir?" asked the waiter. "some water will do, thanks. As for a meal, medium rare rib-eye steak, 15 ounces should cut it. barbecue sauce and mash" responded Atlas with a grateful smile to the waiter, who nodded courteously, before walking off. "Not common to see you so cheerful, Atlas. Good news, I hope?" asked the large man with a cheerful smile that almost expertly hid his apprehension. almost. but not quite. "I'm pleased to inform you, Mr. Sandler, that I've managed to crack the project you asked me to look into three months ago" said Atlas, noting the man's expression relaxing nearly instantly. "That's fantastic news, Atlas. Please, call me Jack. No need for formalities here. How exactly did you find it though? This project has changed hands several times before it ended up with you. and everyone who looked at it gave up after a month with no progress" said the man with a smile, the thin, pale skinned man beside him listening silently. The Rep from the Board of Directors, no doubt. Even if one of the Executives was dealing with me, they'd need confirmation from one of their lackeys thought Atlas as he distracted himself with the waiter, who had returned with a large glass of water, crystalline cubes of ice shimmering within the drink. "Your drink, sir" said the waiter as he set the drink down on the table.

Atlas nodded to the man thankfully as he reached for his drink, taking a sip, before staring Jack in the eye with a smile, addressing his question. "Well, I'll tell you something Jack, it was hardly what you'd call a walk in the park. Had me baffled for the first week or so. But the right tools and the right knowledge can solve any puzzle. Once I figured out just what it was I was looking at, it was mostly smooth sailing. Ran into a few tough bumps here and there, but I eventually cracked it" he said. "Excellent work, Atlas. Excellent work. your reputation really is well deserved" said Jack Sandler cheerfully. Atlas simply nodded thankfully as the trio's orders arrived, temporarily pausing their discussion of business...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:03 am

The sound of his phone going off startled Lynch, nearly making him drop his papers. The two thugs glance at him for a moment, before leaving the room. Jackson looked at his phone. Unknown number. "Dammit," he said aloud. Answering it would be a leap of faith, but leaving it meant he may miss something important. Taking the chance, Lynch answered the phone.

"Yes, hello?"
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Giratina93 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:32 am

Minene looked around as Tiffany led her down the staircase to the basement of the apartment. "When I first got this place a few years ago, no one else was living here, so I decided to knock down a couple walls and expand some of the rooms to meet my needs." Tiffany told her as they descended into complete darkness. Minene looked around, her eyes unaccustomed to such darkness. She cloudn't see anything, although she could hear a faint gurgling sound just up ahead. " Lights on", Tiffany ordered. Right when she said it, several lights turned on around the two of them. Minene could see now that they were infront of a large, metal door with a number lock to the side.

"Um, what is this door for?" Minene asked out of curiousity. She was beginning to feel rather uncomftorable, and was beginning to think about turning around and heading out as fast as she could.

Tiffany's firm hand on her shoulder, however, prevented her from doing so. " This door?" the girl echoed with a slight chuckle in her voice, before she cleared her throat. "This door leads into my inner sanctum, the one place I love to be in most, the one place I feel msot secure in..." With this, the scientist moved toward the nuber lock and pressed several numbers in a row. Which numbers these were, Minene didn't know, but that quickly left her mind as the door hissed, then slowly swung open...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:47 am

As Max entered the bathrooms, the place was, as one would expect, eerily silent. To Max, however, it was only a solace for his suffering at the hands of the chaotic theater he was in for a few moments. Doing his thing, Max relieved himself and soon began to leave. However, he heard a weird voice coming from one of the stalls, whispering something ominous. Curious, he listened in, pretending to open the door and leave before crouchnig down and listening.

"Something comes.... something from beyond.... it comes... it knows.... it waits..."

The vocie then repeated itself. Thoroughly creeped out by it and the fact it was being said in a bathroom of all places, Max departed.....

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Lydia didn't at first notice the envelope, taking the time to lock the door behind her. She would prefer not to be disturbed while she puzzled over the problem of the animal hybrids in her head. As she turned to walk into the kitchen, she spotted the pale paper against her dark hardwood floor. She frowned, kneeling to pick it up. She examined the handwriting for only a few moments before realizing she didn't recognize it. Turning it over in her hands, she stayed in that position for a bit longer, wondering who could have left it. She almost didn't want to open it - it was all too strange. But after another few seconds of indecision, she picked up her letter opener, took off her shoes, and started for the kitchen. That cup of coffee was sounding all the better right now. On the way she slit open the envelope and pulled out the letter inside, unfolding it and beginning to read.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby C S » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:51 pm

The invisible cruiser weaved in between the spires of concrete and steel, flying exceptionally low in order to pick up on the Cephian criminal's trail. Gradually, a new, stronger signature was registering to the Ascatian craft's sensors, perplexing its pilot. "What were the natives doing to unleash such power...?" Galaak thought as he guided his ship through the city. While these beings had a long way to go as a species, their accomplishments at present were respectable at best. He would see to it that the affairs of those beyond their star did not interfere with their growth...

The van pulled up to the familiar curb, the Anderson house looking no different than before. The normalcy came as a blessing to the boy, whose thoughts were dancing through his mind. He was unable to focus on one thing. He just had an urge to move. Never before had he felt so hyper, and after experiencing random spasms throughout his body he knew something was wrong with him. Something had changed after that blast, and he feared the change was for the worst. He didn't want his father to worry about him, so he tried to keep it under wraps. He pretended to be fine. "Seeing as you're alright, I think Ill be getting back to work now. I'll be back at the usual time, Kevin" Archie said, eying his son who was pressed against his door. "Er...are you sure you're alright?"
"Completely!" Kevin said, grabbing his book bag and opening the door. He struggled to keep his movements calm, to stop himself from shaking. "Have a good day, dad. I'll just take it easy until you get back" He added once on the sidewalk, closing the door. He smiled weakly as anxiety began to manifest itself. "OK then... be good" Archie said before driving off again. Kevin stared after the van for a moment before starting to head across the skinny path across the lawn to the porch and then up the short stairs to the door. The walk seemed like an eternity, and after closing the door, Kevin dropped his book bag. His control was just about expired...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:06 pm

"What would you say if you were told you had the opportunity to gain a considerable amount of wealth in a short time, Mr. Lynch?" said the voice on the other side...

As the three men finished eating, Atlas wiped off his lips with the napkin, eyeing the two men before him, Sandler finishing his prime rib as the third man ate the last of his barracuda fillet, downing it with a sip of white wine. "Well then, Atlas. Now we've finished our meals, I think we can finish this transaction and let you go on your way. Mr. Preston, the briefcase?" said Jack as he glanced at the thin man next to him, who seemed somewhat less than willing to hand over the thick black briefcase at his side, though doing so anyway, pushing it over under the table. Atlas gripped the handle of the briefcase, lifting it up and setting it in the leather seat next to him, clicking the locks open, looking down at the cash inside. "The second half of the payment, as agreed" said Sandler with a smile, Atlas lifting two of the stacks of hundred dollar bills, drawing a stack underneath, drawing a small light from one of his pockets and flashing it through one of the bills, confirming it's authenticity, before setting it back in place and replacing the two stacks over it, closing the case and locking it. "You've stuck to your end of the arrangement, so I'll stick to mine. In the case is the project, complete and ready. I'm sure the organisation has the ability to mass produce it. It should be to your liking" said Atlas with a smile, Sandler nodding. "Now, if you'll excuse me gentlemen, I have other places to be. A pleasure doing business with you Mr. Sandler" said the man as he rose, the black suitcase in his grip. he set down three 10 dollar bills by his plate, to pay for his meal, before turning away, leaving the restaurant just as another performer began to sing Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World...

Hello Lydia,

You may [or may not] know of me, but I know of you, and the outstanding work you have undertaken in recent months. What would you say we meet at the Blue Phoenix Club in uptown Los Diamantes, on Starstreak Avenue, along the beach, at 7 PM tonight? I believe we both stand to benefit from what I have to offer to your work.

Meet me at the bar. first stool on the left. 7 PM sharp. You could set down a couple of dollar coins on the counter as a sign. I look forward to meeting you in person.

Yours,
A.S.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:48 pm

Lynch never heard this voice before, but it sure as hell knew who he was. Whatever, this sounded interesting.

"I would say yes," Jackson said. "What is your proposal?"

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:39 am

Lydia looked at the letter for a little while longer, rereading the lines of writing while she waited for her coffee to be ready to pour. When it was, she poured herself a mug and downed the bitter black liquid in a few gulps, paying no mind to the burn or the taste. The letter raised unsettling questions. Like "how had this person heard of her work", and "how did he know who she was". She shot a glance at the clock. Close to 12:30; that gave her six and a half hours to consider this carefully. She poured another cup of coffee, sat down at the table and placed her forehead in her palm, running her fingers through her hair as she let out a sigh. "What to do..." she muttered. She cradled the warm mug between both hands and stared down unseeingly at the table beneath them, truly not knowing if it was a smart move to accept - but having a gut instinct that if what this person wrote was true, it would hurt their project if she refused.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:55 am

"I believe it's best if I tell you of it in person, Mr. Lynch. I'll leave the choice of a meeting place to you. Regardless, it is to be tomorrow morning at 11 AM. I'd suggest somewhere large and public if you're concerned about safety. for example, Greensbrook Park in Downtown Los Diamantes. I assume you know it?" responded the voice...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:02 am

"Of course, of course," Lynch said. "May I know who you are? I don't just do work for any old fellow, you know. I don't wanna run that risk."

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:43 am

Sitting down hunched over with his lower back bracing against the door, Kevin lost track of time. He only knew his shivers were worsening exponentially with each second. His body was basically a blur now, as if every molecule that comprised his being was vibrating, begging to be put in motion. He couldn't fight it any longer. He got to his feet in what seemed to be a split second and tried to keep his arm steady as he reached out for the door knob. He turned it, pulled the door forward then tugged on it as he rushed outside, it slamming in his wake. By then he was already on the side walk, easily 10 feet away at the end of the path. Kevin thought he was merely walking before then, but now he knew that he was moving fast, way too fast than normal. He was now darting down the sidewalk, the sound of his footfalls rapid and his features indistinguishable as he sped way from his home...

E-doch came to a hover over Holden Corp's roof, lowering its altitude so that it was mere feet over the building. The circular aperture opened once more, the suited pilot descending onto the roof surrounded by the light. A considerably sized crowd had gathered around the building, from law enforcement to reporters. "To possibility for disaster is paramount..." He muttered as he stepped out of the beam, which disappeared when the entrance closed afterwards. Galaak carefully made his way over the center of the roof, looking down a skylight into the main hall of the facility. With the power out, only the rays of sun pouring into the place provided light. "Fugitive is inside this construct... seems empty. Good" He noted before looking across the way, seeing what seemed to be a maintenance shed of some sorts. Heading over to it and, with the help of his gun, opening the once locked door, Galaak peered into the darkness of a stairway heading down into the building. He started down the steps as the darkness disappeared, lit up by a light blue haziness created by the excursion suit's low light vision adapter. The door handle and lock glowed red, drooping from the intense heat of the electrical bombardment and being yanked open by the Ascatian...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby dinoman666 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am

Kala had detected no life signs within the building during his silent trek through the alien rooms. It seemed that everyone had left, and in a big hurry. That fact alone caused doubt to creep into his mind. Clearly, a disaster had occurred here, no doubt involved with the energy surge. Was it even safe to be here? Would he even find anything of value? He shook these nagging thoughts away as he found himself in a hallway protected by glass walls, hanging above some sort of laboratory, filled with abandoned... things. Whatever they were, they certainly weren't the source of the surge. The machinery was too small. He needed to find something bigger. He used his suit to scan for the highest concentration of energy in the facility, seeing if he could detect the source from there, and moved on...

Bate was getting frustrated. It seemed that the aliens weren't leaving the area, so he would need a distraction if he was going to get inside. Fortunately, he had just the thing hovering at his hip. Hiding inside a thin alley across the street, he nodded outside, sending electronic signals to the Trooper. The Cephian drone followed its commander's orders and zipped out into the open, landing on its four clawed tentacles in clear view of the crowds gathered around the Holden-Corp building, before releasing a sharp, trilling screech...
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:35 am

The room that Tiffany and Minene entered in was strangely empty and pure white, from the floor, to the ceiling, to the walls, even the sole table and chairs in it were white. The only thing was wasn't white was the other door across from where the girls had entered. Minene looked closely, and realized that this door had an eye scanner attached to it. But before she could look at it, she noticed Tiffany already seated down in the chair facing her. Figuring she might as well sit down, minene grabbed the chair facing Tiffany, and sat down in it. So this is her 'inner sanctum'? doesn't look like much to me... Minene's thoughts pondered as the scientist across from her cleared her throat.

"Minene, I have a few questions I would like to ask you real quick. Are you okay with that? If the questions I ask you are those you don't feel comftorable with-"

"No, it's fine... " The girl quietly responded, looking more at the floor than at Tiffany.

The scientist chuckled. "Alright then," She began, pulling out a pen and some notebook paper from underneath the table to jot down notes. "Earlier, you demonstrated remarkable healing properties, far beyond that of any normal human being. Tell me, how do your regenerative powers work, and can you regenerate lost limbs, or even fatal injuries?"

"Ummm, my healing tends to work almost all the time, unless... I'm exhausted or hungry... then, my injuries don't close up, and I bleed like a pig. As for the lost limbs... um, I don't think I can grow those back... I've never tried that out..."

"Very intresting..." Tiffany noted as she jotted down what she was being told into her notebook. This was truly fascinating stuff, something she was really enjoying....

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:44 am

Max soon returned to the theater he was in. His movie was almost over, and his friends seemed.... irritated about something.

"Yes?" Max whispered.

"....Nothing." Harry replied. "Just enjoy what's left of the movie."

Matt chuckles and whispers to Max.

"Nothin' like a good piss after drinking a whole soda, eh?"

"Yeah," he said in reply. "Don't remind me."

Soon, the credits begin to roll, and the theater breaks out in applause. The group leaves with everyone else in the theater...

Aya soon pulled up to the sheriff's station. Time to break the news to the boss, the female officer thinks to herself as she exits her vehicle.

"G' afternoon," an officer said with a smile on her face.

"Afternoon, Velma," Aya replied as she entered the building...

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:25 am

"You will know when we meet, Mr. Lynch. I'll be waiting. If you aren't there by 11 AM, I will consider it a refusal. Tomorrow, Greensbrook Park, Downtown, 11 AM. I'll see you then" said the voice, as a click of the phone marked the end of the call...

As Atlas entered his metallic navy blue Lamborghini Estoque coupe, his phone rang, the man closing the door and leaning back in the seat as he slid the bar on the touch screen, bringing the phone to his ear. "It's done" came the voice on the other end. "Cheers mate. You've been a great help" responded Atlas with a smile. "Was my pleasure, Mr. Stone" responded the man. "Man, we've been working together for nearly a year now. enough with the 'Mr. Stone' crap" he said with a chuckle. the man on the other end chuckled. "Alright, alright. Atlas. Anything else?". "Just one thing. Look into what happened at Holden-Corp. The official word will probably be something along the lines of a gas leak, but I'm fairly sure there's something else at work there. I wanna find out what that is" responded Atlas. "Alright. I'll let you know as soon as I have the info" responded the man, the line cutting immediately after as Atlas started up the vehicle, heading back home. if all went well, tonight, he'd be organising his next big job. and his plans would be one more step towards completion...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to RPG/E-war Graveyard