Isle Sorna RPG

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby Legendary Elite » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:55 am

Yeah I did read past page 16. By the way yeah TLW plot I think went very well, though a very speedy ending, you forgot to get Crusher to see the kid in his house and eat his dog if you remember Tyrannosaurus storming down the neighbourhood.

Anyway, if you want any other personal details well then here is what i can tell you:

My name is Luke Mitchell. I'm a Dinosaur expert as well as mad about dragons. I like fantasy, giant monsters, movies, TV, reading, drawing, writing fanfic on my PC. I'm also nearly 17 years of age. I am in Year 11 at school. My career i want to do is Paleontology.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:49 am

your perfect for this forum! :D
"I attack you: You did something wrong. You attack me: ...You did something wrong."
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Legendary Elite » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:05 am

Hey, I learnt how to role-play a long time back. I started on the Bungie Forums (the creators of the Halo series), and pretty much went on from there. I still do Role Play on my favourite Bungie Forums and Threads but I like doing other ones on other websites.

I'm glad there are good ppl here. Hope to see you all Role-Playing!
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Tue May 01, 2007 4:02 pm

ok people we have BIG problem. No.1 what was originaly about 5 or so survivours of blade and exiles pack is now a massive horde of evil raptors bent on wrold domination. I think this poroblem speaks for itself. Also the inculsion of an alliance of dinos is plain stupid.
No. 2 It seems everyone is either trying to live in crushers teritory (which is sort of like a boarding house now) or join fatalis against the mutants trying to kill him and Fatalis. Hell in order to get a plot working for me I had to invade his territory and run off with steeltalon.Now this is all good and well, but it both these plots revolve around KPs caracters. If he stoped posting for a week, the rpg would grind to a halt. I tried to bring the rpg out further and partilly succeded but now its back to its oldself. I mean, everyone flocked to kps land, but no one went step towards MRs new caracter. Personally i feel this is sortv'e kps fault for operating his plot like a boarding house. Crusher lets everyone into his territory, despite his supposed "hard past".
Even worse, the closest thing we have to a bad guy, is my caracters, just beacuse they cheat, steel and kill things. (act natruly) Not one person has interduced a caracter who wants to create his own territory to rival Crushers.

Ok rant over, please state your suggestions. and or complaints
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Tue May 01, 2007 4:55 pm

not world domination, but reclaiming their reputation as the most brutal raptors on the island, and getting Fatalis because they think he was the one who caused the attack by the Spinosaur, who, in reality, stumbled on the nest and attacked it. as for #2, i agree. i personally wish people wouldn't just collect around my characters and plots. if, as Doc said, i happen to go for a week [soon, i wil. 2 weeks actually], the RPGs would grind to a hault because im not around to reply, and all the old, once active members who really do know Crusher's personality properly, have either left, or rarely post because of time, lack of ideas...etc. so nobody can take my place while im away. as for Crusher's hard past and letting most into his territory, he's learned that the more allies you have, the more powerful you are in the face of an enemy [as is fact in real life. Crusher is basically a character built off my own personal experiences...]. he sees a predator that could pose a threat to his family and isn't completely submissive to him as the owner of the territory, he chases them out and makes sure they never come back. well, that's what he WOULD do, if anyone actually acted that way. TT is the only person who ever made a rival to Crusher, but the fact that that character was constantly attacking Crusher and Crusher constantly fighting back, it got boring and TT abandoned the character and i killed it off because it had no purpose anymore. i think the reason nobody is making any is because they have a mental block making them believe they can't top a supersized, enraged T-Rex [cant really blame them now that i come to think of it :P ]. size means he's a bit bulky and slow, but his skin's too thick to be damaged by anything small, so the only way to harm him is to bring in something of Giga/Spino/Carcha/T-Rex size, in which case you'd need a couple [that's if you imagine the DC2 Style scenraio with the Giga and Rex. the Giga is roughly Crusher's size]. you'd probably need 2 regular sized super-predators to take Crusher down, and as it's impossible to kill another player's character, they're worried about the retaliation :lol: . cheating and stealing is unneeded to Crusher because of the rich livestock in his territory. Fatalis can be fed by Compies so he doesn't need much else other than a place to sleep at night [one of the reasons i decided to make him a Lone Wolf. easier to care for :P ], so he doesan't need it. the rest of the characters are Crusher's family, which i think i need to spend more time on, fleshing out the characters and giving them more life, since the only seemingly live ones in the family at the moment are Crusher and Hunter, with the occasional bit of movement from Lightning.
i think the reason nobody's paying much attention to MR's characters is that they're worried about a convo or encounter situation, because MR isn't always online and sometimes doesn't feel like posting [though TT's the one to really worry about in this situation, since he's the one who almost never posts because of his quality only mentality. he wants his posts to be perfect, and since nobody's ever perfect, he never posts :roll: ]

Doc, you're right about this rant. to be quite honest, i've been feeling similar lately, but i've kept it down because i thought it was only me. since others agree, i say that as soon as this messed up, hijacked plot is overwith, let's start turning this RPG into what we want it to be.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Legendary Elite » Wed May 02, 2007 7:54 am

In a way, I guess Doc is right, but its not nescessarily my fault. I am just trying to spice things up in the characters. I know one thing about role-playing and that's not being superman. Trust me, it kills off the plot. Crusher is acceptable except he has weaknesses. Same with Larius my giganotasaur. He maybe the largest giga on Isla Sorna but he has weaknesses, he is not as smart as T-Rex but is larger and very much more powerful. Larius tends to have weaknesses, T-Rex would as well, T-Rex could easily kill itself when hunting if it tripped over running at max speed. Larius is somewhat weak around neck but his main weakness is his mouth and around the head.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Wed May 02, 2007 1:12 pm

I dont remember saying it was your fault.........
Personally I think we are all responsible, execpt Stalldasaurs rex, but his posts arn't detailed enough.
Now that I am more expeiranced at rping I think I might re-interduce my spino caracter, hunt.
Last edited by Doc 42 on Wed May 02, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Legendary Elite » Wed May 02, 2007 1:51 pm

Sounds good. Stallordasaurus Rex, don't worry about him. At this rate, he will never meet up with us. KP will deal with him *wink wink* most likely. Cause even if he kills one of us, KP or TT will delete the post and think of some way of killing off his gigantic Therizinosaur.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Wed May 02, 2007 2:10 pm

:roll:
I said Stalltdasours is the only one NOT flocking to kps caracters :roll:
Therefore, the only one who who can properly post if KP leaves for a week, get me?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Wed May 02, 2007 3:44 pm

ok, i've heard of Irish jokes, but the rate this convo is going, im surprised there aren't Aussie jokes as well :P . j/k .

Stallo is the only one not flocking to us. true. his giant Therizinosaur is rather freaky, but every character on this site can be killed off. trust me. NO character is safe. regardless of size, skill, strength...etc. for example, in the case of the Therizinosaurus, i could have it walk by the side of a cliff and be crushed by a boulder that fell because of bad balance and a micro quake...VERY easy....
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Wed May 02, 2007 6:17 pm

I was refering to his charca, Shadow.
And about Irish jokes, it has just come to me recently that half the world doesnt like the Irish. Now what the hell did we ever do wrong eh?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Wed May 02, 2007 7:18 pm

i know you were. im just saying that NOTHING is impossible in RPGs. the maker has TOTAL control over every aspect of the RPG.

dunno...you haven't done anything to us...as far as i know....know this though: the guys over here in the hottest place in the world dont hate you :P
44 degrees C in Kuwait today....and it's climbing...im expecting 60+ in mid summer...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Wed May 02, 2007 7:24 pm

A boiling 25degrees here! PS not sarcastic
but lets not turn this into a topic about weather
*cough* disney films topic *cough*
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Legendary Elite » Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 am

Hey, you don't know how hot it gets in Australia cause we are the hottest continent. Oh and by the way, I am Irish, just so ya know and all. Never fight an Irish man. Especially a drunken one. We can beat anybody at drinking!

Oh and concerning the RPG, KP is correct about that. No one is safe in the RPG. I only made Larius a reasonably large size to make him somewhat unique. Not to the size of Crusher though, that would be cheating. Stallo i am not worried about however, he aint even interacting with any of our characters. Still he tries to kill me, i'll just be revived.

Though I don't have a favourite Carnivore, I thought something like Allosaurus would do. Anyway, KP's character Crusher was also made to take out any other ppl's characters who cheat. Everyone has weaknesses. Larius's weaknesses are like i said, around the feet as well as the head. Berserk is a normal sized t-rex with a bad attitude when angry. Goldfang is how I define myself in a way. When i create characters, i think a good long hard moment about how they would behave as well as what their personallities would be.

Anyway, I'll be cautious in not screwing up the RPG this time. Same with the other ones.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:03 pm

LE never, ever brag about the Irish drinking ability. Do you know how many people have been killed in car carashes due to drinking the past two weeks?
8. 8 people. And as for someone who is drunk, they fight like a riheniosurus.
They charge, and they crash. Its strange. It seems to me that Auzzie-Irish are always raging about drink when in truth thats whats wrong with this country....
Now my brothers drink, but dont get drunk they have rules and they stick to them, but every day I hear of another death on the radio and it sickens me.

Goldfang is how I define myself in a way

You see your self as a prehistoric lizard???? :P
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Hopeflower » Thu May 03, 2007 1:32 pm

Lol. Do you really think of yourself as a raptor with blue feather membranes and gold teeth? 'cause I've said before that Steeltalon's personality reflects my own, but seriously...
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby chook151 » Fri May 04, 2007 6:53 am

My utah pack has a BIG weakness,and that is that they can easly lose strength if bitten by large dinosaurs.
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby The Kingpin » Fri May 04, 2007 8:48 am

well, i dont see you using them enough to show it...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Fri May 04, 2007 8:30 pm

have you posted with them yet? Can't wait till you do.
(Danm my craracters are just sitting on their asses people! on their non-existent asses! So if anyone has any plot ideas PM me, please!)
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Fri May 04, 2007 8:53 pm

gimme a little while, and i'll think up something for them...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic